This website is owned and managed by Kingsport Counseling Associates, PLLC (KCA). Kingsport Counseling Associates, PLLC makes every reasonable effort to keep your personal information protected and private. We do not share personal information collected unless prior authorization is given.
Our policy for the use of PHI can be found in our “Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Patient Notification of Privacy Rights”. (Click Here)
BY USING ANY OF OUR SITES YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY AND TO KCA’S COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES STATED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITES.
We generally collect only two types of information from users of the sites: 1) Personal Information ( your name, email address, phone numbers and mailing address); and, 2) Non-Personal Information (e.g. cookies or IP address).
Non-Health Related Personal Information
“Non-Health Related Personal Information” is defined as information that only identifies you personally, such as your name, address, phone numbers, or email address. KCA collects and stores the Non-Health Related Personal Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Non-Health Relate Personal Information on the websites:
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and postal address when you request to receive information from KCA.
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, address, email address and billing information if you make a bill payment through our Site; we do this through third-party providers such as PayPal (https://paypal.com)
- We do not save credit card numbers or information on our site
- We may collect your device ID number when you interact with the Sites using a mobile device.
- We may collect information provided by Google Analytics’ Demographics and Interest Reports, including age, gender, affinity categories, in-market segments, and other categories provided by that service.
The list above may not include every way we collect information and may change from time to time as our business practices change, or as we add or change functions and services provided in the Sites. Also, the list above simply provides examples of the Non Health Related Personal Information that we may collect from you on the Sites. If you do not want KCA to collect your Non Health Relates Personal Information through our website please do not provide it to us through the website.
Personal Health Information (PHI)
As mentioned above, no PHI is collected or stored on our website or its servers. Any requests for PHI are through the HIPAA Secure portals of our practice management applications and software. Our current practice management application is TherapyAppoinment.com (https://therapyappointment.com). TherapyAppointment.com is secured using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We also maintain a Business Associate Agreement with any our practice management application provider.
“Non-Personal Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, ZIP code or other geolocation data, or interests. Non-Personal Information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the Non-Personal Information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
Physical Location — We may collect the physical location of your device and use it to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content.
Cookies are text files sent by Web servers to Web browsers and are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. If the browser is loading a page and the server requests the information stored in the cookie, the cookie is sent back to the server.
Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on the website, and can be used by Web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user). A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the Web browser is closed.
Cookies generally do not contain information that personally identifies the user. Nonetheless, the information from cookies that we keep about a user might be used in the following ways:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the Sites.
- To track some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the Sites’ usability.
- To analyze the use of the Sites.
- To administer the Sites.
- They may use the information obtained from these cookies:
- To track users browsing across multiple websites.
- To build profiles of users’ Web surfing.
- To target advertisements that may be of particular interest to users.
Most browsers allow users to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options,” “Under the hood” and Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies.”
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
- Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to log on, access content or use search functions, for example.
Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers:
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options,” “Under the hood,” and Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and selecting “Remove All Website Data.”
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools,” “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
- Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Use of Information Collected Via the Sites
We use your Personal Information that we collect on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services, such as educational programs, information or newsletters you request or
- To process your requests for information about our services
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you regarding additional services we might offer such as workshops, publications or groups
- To request your feedback about your experience with KCA
- To notify you about a material change to this Policy, if necessary; and
- To aid in setting up appointments.
- Non-Personal Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personal Information with Personal Information.
- Release of Information to Third Parties
- By using the Sites you grant TPOT the right to use your Non-Personal Information for marketing and to improve the Sites. This use may involve the disclosure of your Non-Personal Information to third parties. TPOT will not share or disclose your Personal Information with third parties.
Children Under 13
The Sites do not knowingly target children under the age of 13 and we do not collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. In the event we learn that such information has been provided to the Sites, we will delete or destroy it.
Third Party Websites and Advertisers
The KCA may also permit advertisers, third party ad networks or other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Sites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, Web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which Web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
If we communicate with our members on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, members cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communications from us, such as messages or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. For emails, you may opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of an email. We will process your request to unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. Please note that electing to opt-out of our promotional emails does not mean that we will delete or remove your email address from our systems.
KCA reserves the right to make changes to this Policy at any time and for any reason without prior notice. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page so that you are always aware of our current policies. We may also contact you by email with changes. Additionally, we will update the “last updated” date below.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to KCA is done at your own risk. However, TPOT uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect the Sites, email and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SITE DOES NOT USE SSL ENCRYPTION. THE SITE DOES NOT PROCESS FINANCIAL INFORMATION OR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION. THE SITE USES THIRD PARTY VENDORS (such as, PayPal, Square, TherapyAppointment.com etc.) TO PROCESS AND DELIVER FINANCIAL AND PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION. User information is a high priority and we use our own protective measures, as well as the capabilities of our software and hardware vendors.
We realize there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, as almost every website, service and user encounters. In those instances, our goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality and minimize any inconvenience to our users. As appropriate and necessary, KCA will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the KCA Sites.
In the event that all or part of KCA’s assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant KCA the right to assign the Non Health Related Personal and Non-Personal Information collected via the Sites.
Contacting the Practice of Therapy